Next June, Danish artist, Annelise Pio Hansen will be conducting a 6 day watercolour and pen & ink course here in Lisdoonvarna and on the island of Inisheer, Aran Islands. She will have some of her Danish students with her and the remaining places are available for Irish and international artists. I hope you will join us.
The weekly course dates are from Saturday 9th June – Saturday 16th June. The first four nights B&B will be at O’Neill’s Burren Painting Centre, where you will have full Irish breakfast and one evening dinner at a nearby restaurant. The 3 days of painting tuition will include painting ‘en plein air’ at Ennistymon, Ballyvaughan and the Burren Perfumery. The studio facilities at O’Neill’s will also be used throughout, with daily critiques and demonstrations in watercolour by Annelise.
On the morning of Wednesday 13th June the group will take the ferry from Doolin harbour to the small island of Inisheer. You will paint there for 3 more days, staying for 3 nights Bed and Breakfast at Rory’s Guesthouse and for the 3 evening dinners.On the morning of Saturday 16th you will return to the mainland.
The Prices are based on two people sharing a twin or double room. If you wish to have a double or twin room to yourself, the single supplement is €10 per night.
Included in the weekly price: Sat 9th – Sat 16th June 2018
- 7 nights Bed and Breakfast, all rooms en suite. 4 evening dinners.
- 6 days painting tuition, with demos and critiques and the use of O’Neills art studio.
- Minibus transfer to Doolin ferry and back, plus ferry ticket return to Inisheer island.
- The price of €670 includes the above, using your own transport to painting locations.
If you wish to only join the first half of the course, you may arrive on Saturday 9th June, paint on the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and leave that evening. The price includes:
- 3 nights B&B, 1 evening dinner, use of the studio, 3 days tuition, demos and critiques.
- The price of €255 includes the above, using your own transport to the painting locations.
- Add on €30 if you wish to stay the extra night of Tuesday 12th June.
If you wish to join the second half of the course, you should arrive on Tuesday 12th June for Bed and Breakfast, then take the early ferry with the group to Inisheer on the morning of Wednesday 13th June. You will stay on the island for 3 nights B&B before returning to the mainland with the other painters on Saturday 17th June. The price of €415 includes:
- 4 nights Bed and breakfast, 3 evening dinners.
- Transfer to Doolin harbour and back, ferry return to Inisheer, 3 days tuition.
To book your place on the weekly course, please send your deposit of €250 to reserve your place. If you wish to book for the 3 or 4 day course send a deposit of €150 by cheque, made out to The Burren Painting Centre.
Hoping to see you during the Summer of 2018.