This 7 day painting holiday will be based in Tuscany, Italy. We shall have the contrast of 3 days in the fascinating walled city of Lucca and then 4 days in the gorgeous countryside of Gragnano. A visit to the wonderful city of Florence and amazing Uffizi Museum are also an option. Chris O’Neill of the Burren Painting Centre in Ireland will be your guide each day and ensure your enjoyment of the culture and history of this amazing Italian region.
Flights to Pisa Airport are available and transfers to Lucca can be arranged. We shall stay the first 3 nights in the boutique Hotel San Martino, within the ramparts of the walled city of Lucca. You will spend the first two days painting the medieval streets , the amphitheatre, busy piazzas and inspiring buildings, all reminders of the affluent periods of Tuscan history. We shall have dinner at restaurants ‘Buca di Sant Antonio’ and ‘Al Corso’ and the third evening you can choose your own style of food.
A minibus will transfer us to Relais Del Lago in the foothills of Gragnano, in the Capannori province. This lovely secluded location offers us views across the Tuscan landscape, lake and gardens. There are numerous subjects for painting in the grounds and nearby. An early morning swim in the outdoor pool can be enjoyed before breakfast. One evening we shall eat in a nearby restaurant, ‘Serendepico’ and stroll to a nearby Osteria ‘Da Mi Pa’ for another. On the third night our hosts Elisa and Allessandro have arranged a tasty Tuscan barbecue.
A day visit to the amazing city of Florence,’Firenze’ is optional. The day excursion includes a visit to see the great art works in the Uffizi Museum and a brief visit to the bustling Ponte Veccio. If you wish to see the work of Michelangelo at the Accademia, you can prebook your tickets for the afternoon. The iconic Duomo, Baptistry and Bell Tower are well worth visiting.
At the end of the week we will have an exhibition of work and Annelise will give a final critique.PRICE
- Sharing a double or twin room en suite (without airport transfers) €1,045
- Single occupancy of a double or twin room en suite (without transfers) €1,255
- Optional Extra, a day in Florence with transport and Uffizi Admission €65
- 3 nights in Hotel San Martino*** with Buffet Breakfast
- 2 evening dinners in Lucca, at Al Corso and Buca di Sant Antonio
- 4 nights at Relais Del Lago, Gragnano with Buffet Breakfast
- 1 evening dinner at Restaurant Serendipico, 1 evening dinner at Osteria Da Mi Pa
- 1 Tuscan Barbecue, 2 picnic lunches, Transfer by minibus from Lucca to Gragnano
- 6 days painting tuition, demonstrations, and critiques by Annelise Pio Hansen
- 7 days guidance from Chris O’Neill of the Burren Painting Centre, Lisdoonvarna, Ireland.
To Book please contact Chris O’Neill for the Booking Form:- email@example.com